Thanks to Amit Gordon for joining us this week! You can listen to the episode above, or download it right here.
- The separation between art and the artist making it
- Can an artist’s actions make it difficult, or even impossible, to justify supporting their art?
- In the case of an artist’s words preventing enjoyment, do intent and context make it possible to ignore those words?
- When their actions are only morally wrong, rather than illegal, is it as necessary to draw a line on supporting the artist?
- Does finding out about those actions in real-time change the situation, as opposed to finding out about it after everything is said and done?
- Rolling Stones – “All Down the Line”
- Sun Kil Moon – “War On Drugs Suck My Cock”
- Purity Ring – “Push Pull”
- The Small Faces – “Itchycoo Park”