Thanks to David Greenwald and Dave Harris (represented here by Liz Phair) for joining us on this week’s show! You can listen above, or download the episode right here.
- Diminishing returns: is inspiration finite?
- Which formerly great artists lost their creative spark over time? Why does it happen?
- Which artists that lost their muse returned to greatness later on?
- Do we perceive the drop-off in quality differently because of former greatness? Would albums that are the result of “diminishing returns” be perceived differently if made by other bands?
- Simon & Garfunkel – “Mrs. Robinson”
- Weezer – “Beverly Hills”
- Horse Feathers – “Violently Wild”
- Faith No More – “Motherfucker”