Thanks to Joey Gerber for joining us this week! You can listen to the episode above, or download it right here.
- Musical personalities and personas
- Who are some of the greatest musicians to, essentially, become someone else?
- Are those personas an extension of the performer, or merely a gimmick?
- What reason is there to adopt a persona?
- What about artists who took on multiple personas during their careers?
- Blondie – “Call Me”
- David Bowie – “Space Oddity”
- Parliament-Funkadelic – “Can You Get To That?”
- Sufjan Stevens – “Eugene”