Thanks to Jacob Heiteen for joining us this week! You can listen to the episode above, or download it right here.
- One-Hit Wonders
- What exactly makes something a “one-hit wonder”? What qualifies as a “hit”?
- Where do one-hit wonders come from? Why do they become so popular?
- Can a song be a one-hit wonder if produced by a highly popular/influential band?
- Do record sales/airplay work as a way to judge if a song is or isn’t a one-hit wonder, or even just a “hit”?
- What makes a song a “hit” in the first place?
- Do they still exist in the internet age? Does a YouTube play count tell you as much as sales used to?
- Why do people love the concept of the “one-hit wonder” so much?
- John Williams – “Jurassic Park Theme”
- Len – “Steal My Sunshine”
- Swans – “Song For a Warrior”
- Castanets – “Tell Them Memphis”