Thanks to Gabriel Mathews for joining us! You can listen to the episode above, and download it right here.
- What does a music “scene” look like?
- How does Portland’s scene compared to that of LA?
- How do scenes get started?
- Can one be started, or does it have to grow organically?
- What makes Portland’s scene different from those elsewhere in the country?
- What about scenes throughout history? Or based around a specific venue, or a record label?
- ibid. – “Hum”
- Les Savy Fav – “Sleepless in Silverlake”
- Death From Above 1979 – “Turn It Out”
- Death Grips – “Up My Sleeves”