Big thanks to Sam Murray for joining us on the show! You can listen to this episode above, or download it right here.
- The Portland music scene: an outsider’s perspective
- Sam Murray’s PhD thesis centering on Portland’s culture through its music scene
- What got him interested in this undertaking?
- What are some of the great things about our scene? What are some of the not-so-great things about it?
- What can other places learn from Portland, and what can Portland learn from other places?
- Spoon – “Inside Out”
- Ural Thomas – “Pain is the Name of Your Game”
- Nickel Creek – “When In Rome”
- Destroyer – “Chinatown”